What are Cable lugs?
Cable lugs are connection devices used to connect the terminal of a cable with the terminal of electrical devices and also the terminal of two different cables. It is also called a Cable connector or cable anchor. Generally, it is made up of aluminum, Copper, and Brass.
The primary function of cable lugs is to connect the incoming cable to electrical appliances, other cables, the surface of mechanical equipment, etc. Cable lugs are used for connection of cables to terminal box where there must be a permanent connection, and where direct connection is inconvenient. It provides convenience to the operators in the assembly, maintenance, and repair process of Electrical appliances.
- What is Electricity? Definition and Types of electricity
- What is Power Factor and why is it important
- Why Transformer is rated in kVA, not in kW
Types of Cable Lugs
According to the materials used to manufacture it, Cable lugs are mainly Copper and aluminum types. But depending upon the usage and applications of Cable, There are many types of Cable lugs are available, named as:
- Ring type lugs
- Pin type lugs
- Fork-type or U-type lugs
- Male and Female connector lugs
- Flat type lugs
Ring type lugs
Pin type lugs
Fork-type or U-type lugs
Male and Female connector lugs
Flat type Lugs
Read More Articles:
- Causes, effect and protection of Earth fault
- What is DI, DO and AI, AO?
- Difference between Volts and Ampere
- What are different types of Electrical load
- Different types of Electricity Tariff
- What is Transducer?
- Meaning and significance of 1 unit electricity
- What is core balance current transformer (CBCT)
- Flaming’s left-hand and Right-hand rule
- Why CT secondary should not be open circuited?